- Home /
- Winner of the Tiptree Award 2015 : THE GIRL IN THE ROAD
- A young woman called Meena wakes up one morning covered in blood. There are mysterious snakebites across her chest. She knows shes in danger but something has happened to her memory.
- All she can do is run - but why? And from whom?
- As Meena plots her escape she hears of the Trail - an extraordinary, forbidden bridge that spans the Arabian sea, connecting India to Africa like a silver ribbon. Its purpose is to harness the power of the ocean - Blue Energy - but it also offers a subculture of travellers a chance for sanctuary and adventure.
- Convinced the Trail is her salvation, Meena gathers supplies - GPS, a scroll reader, a sealable waterproof pod.
- And so begins her extraordinary journey - both physical and spiritual - from India to Ethiopia, the home of her birth. But as she runs away from the threat of violence she is also running towards a shocking revelation about her past and her family.
- Its transfixing to watch Monica Byrne become a major player in science fiction with her debut novel ...
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Monica Byrne studied at Wellesley College and MIT. Shes a freelance writer and playwright and lives in Durham, North Carolina. For more information visit monicabyrne.org and @monicabyrne13.
SKU Code PRK B 2633 Weight in Kg 0.3400 Brand Bookwomb Dispatch Period in Days 3 ISBN No. 9780349004372 Author Name Monica Byrne Publisher Name HACHETTE