Young Wizard Mental Maths is a graded series of five books that introduces young learners to the fundamental concepts of maths. As children move through the series, new concepts are added to the pool of existing ones to help children attain a good hold over important mathematical concepts. The activities in this series are designed to kindle interest in maths and introduce the concepts in an innovative and fun-oriented manner. Children can colour, solve puzzles, identify and match with appropriate objects, or simply solve number and word problems while learning the fundamentals of maths. The series aims to develop mathematical and problem-solving skills with adequate practice.
Salient features of the series:
- Exercises and activities encourage children to learn to do quick and easy calculations.
- Bright illustrations ensure that exercises do not appear dull to children.
- Interesting activities ensure that young minds remain thoroughly engrossed in the activities.
- Fundamental concepts of maths - odd and even numbers, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, measurement etc. - can be learnt in a play-way method.
- The activities are essential for the development of mathematical, logical thinking and reasoning skills.
- The activities also enhance fine motor skills of children.
The goal of this recreational mathematics book is to give readers a feeling of accomplishment by finding that they can master what seems at the onset to be an impossible task.
This is a rewarding read for those interested in mathematics.
The human brain is still faster than the pocket calculator, and the techniques in this book enable readers to do more mathematics in their heads.
Addition & Subtraction;